grilled pineapple chicken
Nothing says summer more than grilling. I've never tried grilling any sort of foil packet until trying out this recipe and it was a big hit. Let us know how you like this one, or if you have tried any other foil packet successes!
Grilled Pineapple Chicken Foil Packets (4 servings)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chipped
- 1 15 oz can pineapple chunks
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce (low sodium)
- 1 cup asian sesame dressing
- Sesame seeds
- Fresh cilantro, or as an alternative, scallions for garnish (it definitely needs that freshness after being steamed!)
- Grilling tinfoil (more heavy duty and larger)- I found this where all the other foils are
- Quinoa or rice- whichever you prefer to eat with this. I had Quinoa, my husband had white rice- both delicious!
Preheat the grill. Lay out 4 large pieces of foil. I doubled up, but I don't think that was a necessary move.
In a bowl, whisk together the teriyaki sauce and sesame dressing.
Place all the chopped veggies and chicken in large mixing bowl and add the sauce, stir to combine.
Evenly divide the mixture between the 4 packets. Seal shut (wrap just like a present, but not too tight- you want some steam to be able to escape.
Grill the packets for approximately 15 minutes, rotating half way through. Carefully unfold the foil packets and check chicken to make sure it is cooked through.
Garnish with fresh cilantro or scallions along with sesame seeds. Serve immediately over quinoa or rice.